A series of observations:
- Eating anything other than meat, eggs, and fat seems to make me feel like crud. So I’m going to eat only those things for a while. Some call this “zero carb.” I call it needing to get through my day without having to lie down for long periods of time.
- Sauerkraut plus probiotics sounds like an awesome idea in theory, but it causes problems for me that are hard to diagnose. Either the headache, irritability, stomach cramps, bloating, and ridiculous fatigue are the result or die off (yay, the good guys are winning!) or something I ate has fed The Beast and The Beast has gained even more ground. (I guess I should explain that I’ve named this ridiculously hardy fucker of a bacteria that is causing me unending distress, “The Beast”.)
- I have to fit into a dress this week. I’ve owned 3 dresses in the last 30 years. My prom dress, my wedding dress, and this ridiculous dress I have to wear as part of a Mommy and Me dance recital I’m involved in with my daughter. It’s not like dance recitals when I was a kid – you know, we all go to the dance school, and put on a show for the parents and then go home. No, this is 4-night affair (dress rehearsal and three performances) and tickets that actually cost money. I have such a dumb body – it’s 3 or 4 different sizes, depending on where you measure. I had to get it custom fit. It still looks bad. I was hoping to lose a few more pounds before I had to wear it but instead I’ve gained a couple in the last week. My weight has been stuck since I introduced bacteria-food into my world. The Beast is in there having a picnic and I can’t zip my dress. Hopefully eating nothing inflammatory between now and Wednesday I’ll be able to get into it.
- I’m downing allicin from fresh crushed organic garlic 3x a day. Back in the days of the Great Garlic Experiment garlic killed The Beast, or at least knocked it down a peg or two. It’s cheap and I’m using it. I basically just soak the crushed garlic in water and drink the water but don’t eat the actual garlic, which contains inulin. The water tastes like garlic so it’s certainly got some of the allicin in it that companies charge a stupid amount of money for.
- Also taking activated charcoal today. I’m hurting.
- I’ve started snapping at my kid again. Bad health = bad mom.
- I don’t have the energy to study, research, to lift weights, or really do anything optional right now.
- My problems are small. I have one friend who just lost her mom, another friend who is losing her wife to cancer, and another friend whose foster child just got taken from her to be placed with a sibling. These are real problems. I just have annoying gut bacteria.
- Still, I’d like to feel better.