- Hot flashes are gone again. They gradually dwindled after my Dairy Fail, and now gone.
- I’ve started tapering my blood pressure medicine. BP is 133/80 this morning, which is actually improved from where I started; taking 2 medications it was still 151/95 two months ago.
- Pulse has dropped into the high 60s (egad!).
- Fasting blood sugar this morning: 97 mg/dl (an improvement of 50-60 points from where I started).
- Weight this morning: 192.5 (15 pounds lost).
- I’m eating meat, vegetables, eggs, and saturated fats (coconut oil and animal fat, and some ghee) and drinking water. That’s it. I was eating olive oil and stopped because I noticed my blood sugar trending up. Olive oil – even a brand that is pure olive oil (not one of those not-really-olive-oil brands) is still 12% PUFA. I think that and roasted macadamia nuts (trans fats from roasting?) were the cause of upward trend. When I stopped eating those two things my blood sugar trended down again.
Supplements these days are as follows (I’m intentionally omitting the dosages for various reasons, but if you’re curious you can email me and I’ll tell you more):
- Licorice Root
- R-Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Multivitamin with the methylated forms of Folate, B6 and B12
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin K
Looking at the health plan developed for me by my coaches at Nourish Balance Thrive it appears I’m supposed to be starting some kind of bionic fiber powder. Interesting. Bionic.
I’ve also been taking 100mg of aspirin powder 2x a day to see if it helps with my weird neuro tic, and some oyster shell calcium powder because I worry about calcium intake. Neither of these supplements were recommended by NBT.
I’m so grateful to my coach Amelia at NBT for reaching out to me on this blog and letting me know HOW it was possible for me to feel good again. I’m enjoying my life again, every day.